On Sunday, October 3rd, 2021 there will be silver and gold hidden around the Halifax peninsula! To receive clues via email, register for free or by donation below!
There will be actual treasure unlike that show "Oak Island."
Booty: Four one-ounce silver coins and one gold coin all valued at over $500.
Capture the Clue: Bring your family or friends down to Point Pleasant Park for an afternoon of clue hunting, photo snapping, and the chance to win prizes!
How It Works:
- Sign up with a maximum team size of 6 people and identify whether you're participating in the children or an adult (more difficult) version of the hunt. The clues for the child version can all be found on the wide loop of the park perimeter.
- Meet members of the Altruistic Current Society at Point Pleasant Park at a designated area between 11:30 and noon (details will be in your confirmation email)
- Receive a map and photo clues upon check-in. The map will narrow down your search areas within the park.
- Locate the origin of the photo clue and snap a picture with your smartphone. DM us the picture on Instagram, and note it on your map.
- When you've found all the clues (and the bonuses!), or the time has run out, meet back at the designated area to learn your score.
- Prizes will be distributed on-site or delivery can be arranged if winning teams depart prior to the end time.
The outdoor gathering limit with social distancing for events that are run by a recognized business or organization is 250 people maximum outdoors. Upon check-in, groups will be required to be 6 feet apart, and are asked to keep that distance from other groups while exploring the park.
The scavenger hunt will not require picking up items or touching anything except the clue paper which will be placed in a plastic sleeve for ease of sanitizing.
What to Bring:Bring a pen, water (it'll be sunny!), and your game face.
This Altruistic Cash Hunt is designed to captivate and engage the altruistic citizens of Halifax.
Premise: denominations of $20, $50, $100, and gift cards from local businesses will be hidden in marked envelopes around the city of Halifax and HRM. When you find the hidden cash, you are asked to take a portion of the money and do something nice for someone else.
Clues as to the whereabouts of the hidden “booty” will be broadcast over our official Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts.
We will broadcast clues on the hour starting at 9 am and will stop at 6 pm (packages that are not located during the day will carry onto the next event).
We will begin by providing clues to the smaller denomination packages before then progressing to the larger denominations. The clues will start out general and abstract and will become more detailed as the day progresses.
We will suggest that participants use public transportation, bikes, or their bipedal power (legs) during the hunt.
Participants will be asked to post photos of their Cash Hunt with the best photo winning a surprise prize!
We will ask that they post at least one photo of how they will pay a portion of their findings forward through random acts of kindness.
Our overall goal is to spark a current of altruism throughout Halifax and surrounding communities.
Instagram - Untitled
Instagram - @altruistic_c in Iceland! Krona :) #givewherewelive @TELUS
Instagram - Happy Canada Day Eve! @telus @altruistic_c #givewherewelive